Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Me and my Vancouver Canucks


     For as long as I can remember I’ve been a Canucks fan. Throughout the good and the bad. For it isn’t memorabilia that makes a true fan, it’s the heart. I can remember as a grad present, one of my aids, in high school wrote to the Canucks organization; trying to get me tickets to a game. Unfortunately she wasn’t able to, so instead I got; a letter from the team; and other cool stuff.
 
     I’m a fan because even if there the worst team in the league, I remain optimistic. I’m confident that they’ll win the Stanley Cup, eventually. It’s only a matter of time. Plus they have Roberto Luongo for another eleven seasons, after this one’s over. So if someone does the math, they’ll see that the odds are in our favor.

     Trevor Linden is my favorite player because of not only the things he did on the ice, but because of his charity work off the ice. In his career he had played in 1382 games, had 375 goals, 867 points, 2 memorial cup and in 1994, he led the Canucks to the Stanley Cup finals, all of this while wearing number 16. It’s quite remarkable what this guy has accomplished in his career.

     The last time I went to a game was the best one I’ve ever been to, because not only they won; but because we were V.I.P’s. My two brothers and I were treated like roylty. When my team wins the Stanley Cup, I’ll be on top of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment