Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Maui Adventures


       When I was told that there was a possibility of my family going to Maui, I didn't really expect it to happen. I didn't want to get my hopes up, then be disappointed if it didn't happen. I kept hearing talk about it, and at that point I knew it could happen. But I still wasn't going to excite myself. However I wasn't going to dismiss it.

        A few weeks later I knew for sure we were going. And then I let the excitement take over. I started to really think about it; I couldn't sleep. We were going a month after that, I thought the next month would go slow; but it seemed to go by faster then before. Maybe because we kept busy.

        The day had arrived, the next step was a six hour long flight direct to Maui. This being my second international flight, I wasn't nervous. But I was concerned upon how I would occupy my time; try to sleep, or watch movies, I elected to watch movies. The in flight movies were “Couples Retreat” and “Forrest Gump”. So I was happy.

        When we landed we were all very tired and hungry. We thought a trip to Costco was in order and that's what we did. When we were driving on the Island I was amazed by the stunning beauty of it. We finely found it after about half a hour. Once we found the store we did a hast shop, and went to the complex we were staying at.

        My brothers, Jeff and Rob, along with Jeff's girlfriend Nikki and I planed to go to the “Old Lahaina Luau”. I was very excited about this. The food at the luau was amazing. There was a whole pig on burred under the sand, I don't know why, maybe to enrich the flavor.

        To sum up the whole two weeks we an amazing. There is no way we wouldn't go back. It was the best family trip we've ever been on.



No comments:

Post a Comment